Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions & Cancellation Policy
Welcome to The Historic Hartington Hotel. We are honored to have you as our guest. As we provide non-traditional and historic lodging, we wanted to make sure that we cover some general information about our beautiful building.
- Our hotel is not staffed 24 hours a day, so we'll need to know your expected arrival time in order to have someone there to greet you and get you checked in. PLEASE CALL 402-254-9202 or email @ email@example.com and let us know your expected check in time.
- After the hotel is closed for the day, the exterior doors will be locked. After hours entrance to the hotel can be made through the South entrance. The South door entry code is in your Terms & Conditions document sent to you in your check-in email.
- Floor and room keys will be given to you on arrival. If checking out on a holiday or Sunday, please leave your key in the basket marked “keys” on the front counter before leaving. Please note that if we do not receive a key for the room you are registered to, there is a $20.00 replacement key charge that will be billed to the credit card on file.
- The main floor, which houses The Lobby and Grand Ballroom, is handicap accessible through the west entrance, however, we do not have elevator access to our upper-level lodging and rooms located on the 2nd and 3rd floor, and there are no rooms available on the 1st floor.
- The Hotel is oftentimes unstaffed. If you have an emergency or maintenance issue during your stay, please contact Dr. Erin Schroeder at 402-841-9121 via text message.
- Restrooms – other than the bridal suite – are shared and can be utilized by all guests staying in that particular suite. Please make sure towels and other toiletries are removed when you are finished. Additionally, towels are located in the individual bedrooms, but bathmats and extra linens are located in each bathroom as well.
- We kindly ask that you limit any guests to smaller groups that come up and visit in the gathering areas.
- The Wi-Fi password is: H125tL6j. You are welcome to log on, but please note that heavy usage may limit internet speeds.
- There can be alcohol and food brought in to be consumed in the upper lodging levels ONLY. WE DO NOT ALLOW ANY FOOD OR BEVERAGES FROM OUR LODGING AREA TO BE CONSUMED ON THE MAIN LEVEL OR WITHIN THE TAP ROOM. We also ask that you refrain from drinking red/colored beverages on the furniture.
- If you would like ice, we are happy to get you a small container prior to closing for the day. Otherwise, there is ice available at multiple convenience stores within a 5-minute drive.
- Any negligent damage to rooms and or the hotel will be billed to the responsible party (or parties).
- This is a NON-SMOKING facility. A patio to the West end of the building is a designated smoking area.
- Unfortunately, we do not allow pets to stay in the hotel.
- Parking is available on the street and is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Please do not prop or keep fire doors or private room doors open during your stay. They are self-closing for fire-safety and also for security.
- This is a historic building. There are creaks, imperfections and all the scars and “wrinkles” that we all get as we age. Please love those parts about her as we have, and care for her as if she were yours to pass along, as you are now part of her history as well.
No hourly rates available.
Thank you again for choosing to stay at The Hotel Hartington. We hope your stay exceeds your expectations!
The Schroeder Family, Owners.
All room cancellations require 72-hour notice. Wedding and event deposits are non-refundable.
If you reserved a room online, your card will be charged two-three days prior to your booking. Our rates are all inclusive and include a 5.5% Nebraska Occupancy Tax. There are no additional hidden taxes, fees or hidden surcharges. Direct reservations for group and event bookings are confirmed with a 50% deposit. If a credit/debit card is used, this may appear as two separate charges on your statement. All other channels (e.g. booking.com, etc.) require full payment in advance. A valid ID must be presented at time of check in along with the credit card used to reserve online. We reserve the right to hold your credit card for any damages or missing room items.